APPSC GROUP 2 Materials Download
1. Social and Cultural History of Andhra Pradesh: Geographical Features of
Andhra – Its Impact on History and Culture – Pre-historic Cultures – The
Satavahanas, The Ikshvakus – Socio-Economic and Religious Conditions –
Literature, Art and Architecture – The Vishnukundins, The Eastern Chalukyas of
Vengi, Telugu Cholas– Society, Religion, Telugu Language, Literature, Art and
2. Various Major and Minor dynasties that ruled Andhradesa between 11th and 16th
centuries A.D. Socio- Cultural and Religious conditions in Andhradesa between
11th to 16th centuries A.D, Social Structure, Caste System, Status of Women.
Growth of Telugu Language, Literature, Art, Architecture and Painting.
3. Advent of Europeans– Trade centers- Andhra under the Company– 1857
Revolt and its impact on Andhra- Establishment of British Rule- Socio-Cultural
awakening, Justice Party/Self Respect Movements- Growth of Nationalist
Movement in Andhra between 1885 to 1947– Role of Socialists– Communists–
Anti- Zamindari and Kisan Movements. Growth of Nationalist Poetry,
Revolutionary Literature, Nataka Samasthalu and Women Participation.
4. Origin and growth of Andhra Movement– Role of Andhra Mahasabhas-
Prominent Leaders- Events leading to the formation of Andhra State 1953. Role
of Press and News Papers in the Andhra Movement. Role of Library Movement
and Folk & Tribal Culture
5. Events leading to the Formation of Andhra Pradesh State – Visalandhra
Mahasabha – States Reorganization Commission and Its Recommendations –
Gentlemen Agreement – Important Social and Cultural Events between 1956
1. Nature of the Indian Constitution – Constitutional Development – Salient
features of Indian Constitution – Preamble – Fundamental Rights, Directive
Principles of State Policy and their relationship – Fundamental Duties,
Distinctive features – Unitary and Federal.
2. Structure and functions of Indian Government- Legislative, Executive and
Judiciary- Types of Legislatures- Unicameral, Bicameral- Executive –
Parliamentary, Judiciary- Judicial Review, Judicial Activism.
3. Distribution of Legislative and Executive Powers between the Union and the
States; Legislative, Administrative and Financial relations between the Union
and the States– Powers and the Functions of Constitutional Bodies- UPSC,
State Public Service Commissions, CAG and Finance Commission.
4. Centre- State relations- Need for Reforms- Rajmannar Committee, Sarkaria
Commission, M.M. Punchchi Commission – Unitary and Federal features of
5. Amendment Process to the Constitution – Centralization Vs Decentralization –
Community Development Programs- Balwantray Mehta, Ashok Mehta
Committees 73 and 74th Constitutional Amendment Acts and their Implementation.
6. Indian Political Parties- National, Regional- One Party, Bi-Party, Multi-Party
Systems- Regionalism and Sub-Regionalism–Demand for New States – Sri
Krishna Committee – National Integration- Threats to Indian Unity.
7. Welfare Mechanisms in India-Provisions for Scheduled Castes, Tribes and
Minorities, Reservations for SCs, STs and Backward Classes- Prevention of
SCs and STs Atrocities Act- National and State SCs, STs and BCs
Commissions, Women’s Commission, National and State Minorities
Commissions – Human Rights Commission- RTI- Lokpal and Lok Ayukt.
1. Indian Economy and present status
Socio- Economic – Goals and Achievements – New economic reforms 1991.
Regulation of the Economy – Creation of regulatory bodies-NITI Aayog- Co
operative Federalism and decentralization of financial resources – Lack of
inclusive growth and sustainable development : causes, consequences and
2. Indian Economic Policies
Agricultural policies – Contribution of agriculture to India’s GDP – Issues of
financing, production, marketing and distribution of agriculture.
Industrial policies– Main features of industrial development in India – sectoral
composition – Roles of private and public sectors in employment ,
productivity – Role of IT industries in development.
3. Resources and Development Types of resources – Physical capital and finance capital – Population- size, composition and growth–Trends; Occupational Distribution of Work force –Human Development Index as a measurement of development. Demographic Dividend.
4. Money, Banking and Public Finance Monetary policy of RBI – Fiscal policy – Objectives – Fiscal Imbalance and
Deficit Finance –New Foreign Trade Policy. Current account imbalances; FDI. Inflation , its causes and remedies; Budget – taxes and non-tax revenue. Goods and Service Tax (GST)
5. National Income National Income and concepts – Gross Domestic Product – Net Domestic Product, Per capita income.
6. Economic Policies of Andhra Pradesh: Socio Economic welfare Programmes of Government of Andhra Pradesh.
Composition of Population in Andhra Pradesh – Rural – Urban, Sex Ratio, Age Distribution.
7. Agriculture and Industrial Growth of Andhra Pradesh
Contribution of agriculture to income and employment in Andhra Pradesh.
Land reforms in Andhra Pradesh – Cropping pattern – Irrigation Policy of
Andhra Pradesh – sources of agricultural finances -agricultural subsidies –
public distribution system in Andhra Pradesh.
Industrial Development in Andhra Pradesh – Growth and structure of
industries – – Incentives to industries – Industrial corridors in and SEZs in Andhra
Pradesh – Bottlenecks for industrial development – Power projects
Please download Material :
1 Structure of Land Holdings : Download
2 Land Utilisation in AP : Download
3 Rainfall sow : Download
4 Irrigation Projects : Download
5 Cropping Pattern in AP : Download
6 Sources of Agricultural Finances : Download
7)Growth and Structure of Industries.Download
8)Role of Small Scale & Cottage Industries.Download
9) Industrial Development Institutions.Download
10)Service sector in Andhra Pradesh.Download
12)Major Industries .Download
15)Indian Population Download
8. Resource Development of Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh Budgetary resources and constraints – Fulfillment of the conditions of A.P Bifurcation Act – central assistance and issues of conflict – public debt and projects of external assistance. Andhra Pradesh State Gross Domestic Product – Comparison with India and neighboring States.
National Income Download
Fiscal Developments Download
Ap Bills Download
ఆంధ్ర ప్రదేశ్ ప్రభుత్వ పధకాలు . Download
విదేశీ వాణిధ్యం Download
Social sector Download
పారిశ్రామిక విధానం Download