1. Social and Cultural History of Andhra Pradesh: Geographical Features of
Andhra – Its Impact on History and Culture – Pre-historic Cultures – The
Satavahanas, The Ikshvakus – Socio-Economic and Religious Conditions –
Literature, Art and Architecture – The Vishnukundins, The Eastern Chalukyas of
Vengi, Telugu Cholas– Society, Religion, Telugu Language, Literature, Art and
2. Various Major and Minor dynasties that ruled Andhradesa between 11th and 16th
centuries A.D. Socio- Cultural and Religious conditions in Andhradesa between
11th to 16th centuries A.D, Social Structure, Caste System, Status of Women.
Growth of Telugu Language, Literature, Art, Architecture and Painting.
3. Advent of Europeans– Trade centers- Andhra under the Company– 1857
Revolt and its impact on Andhra- Establishment of British Rule- Socio-Cultural
awakening, Justice Party/Self Respect Movements- Growth of Nationalist
Movement in Andhra between 1885 to 1947– Role of Socialists– Communists–
Anti- Zamindari and Kisan Movements. Growth of Nationalist Poetry,
Revolutionary Literature, Nataka Samasthalu and Women Participation.
4. Origin and growth of Andhra Movement– Role of Andhra Mahasabhas-
Prominent Leaders- Events leading to the formation of Andhra State 1953. Role
of Press and News Papers in the Andhra Movement. Role of Library Movement
and Folk & Tribal Culture
5. Events leading to the Formation of Andhra Pradesh State – Visalandhra
Mahasabha – States Reorganization Commission and Its Recommendations –
Gentlemen Agreement – Important Social and Cultural Events between 1956